Comparative in both approach and framework, Family Law, Sex and Society provides a critical exposition of key areas in family law, exploring their evolution and development within their historical, cultural, political and legal context.
Cross-referencing to English law throughout, this comparative textbook pays particular attention to the transformation of marriage; the development of divorce laws; matrimonial property; the legal recognition of unmarried heterosexual and same-sex cohabitants; the universal adoption of the best interests standard for children in domestic and international legislation; and the impact of the Human Rights Act 1998 on family law in a variety of jurisdictions.
Divided into different sections, Family Law, Sex and Society includes coverage of:
* A jurisdictional and historical survey of some of the main themes in Family Law, as well as consideration of the evolution of the Western family.
* The English law relating to divorce, marital property and children and a comparison with the equivalent law in the civil law jurisdictions of France and Germany.
* Family law developments in other common law countries such as Australia and New Zealand, selected American jurisdictions, parts of Africa and some Far Eastern countries; and hybrid jurisdictions like Japan and Russia.
* An analysis of the law relating to unmarried cohabitation and domestic partnerships in civil law jurisdictions such as France, Germany and Sweden in comparison to Anglo-American law.
* A comparative analysis of the laws relating to domestic violence.
Family Law, Sex and Society offers valuable socio-legal and socio-cultural insights into the practice of family law, and is the only textbook that provides a unified, coherent and comparative approach to the study of family law as it operates in these particular jurisdictions.
Alces Peter A.List Price : £ 75.00
Mark AndersonList Price : £ 150.00
Mark AndersonList Price : £ 135.00
Jill PooleList Price : £ 32.00
Hugh BealeList Price : £ 55.00
Hugh BealeList Price : £ 684.00
Susan SingletonList Price : £ 140.00
Roger BrownswordList Price : £ 130.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 35.00
Stephen D. MauList Price : US$ 30.00
Ewan McKendrickList Price : £ 38.00
Ewan McKendrickList Price : £ 39.00
Neil AndrewsList Price : £ 265.00
Andrews ClarkeList Price : £ 185.00
Andrew TettenbornList Price : £ 235.00
Jan H DalhuisenList Price : £ 375.00
Eoin QuillList Price : £ 75.00
Mark AndersonList Price : £ 165.00
Mark AndersonList Price : £ 110.00
Tine L. StarkList Price : US$ 80.00
Nelson EnonchongList Price : £ 165.00
Zheng TangList Price : £ 52.00
Louise GulliferList Price : £ 65.00
AVM LodderList Price : £ 65.00
Dr.Richard LawsonList Price : £ 205.00
Richard LawsonList Price : £ 225.00
Ben SymonsList Price : £ 195.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 291.00
Fabio BortolottiList Price : € 75.00
William F. FoxList Price : € 180.00
Ahmet Cemil YildirimList Price : € 180.00
Dr Eduardo G PereiraList Price : £ 135.00
Francis RoseList Price : £ 295.00
Anat RosenbergList Price : £ 95.00
Mark AndersonList Price : £ 275.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 215.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 259.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 289.00
John CartwrightList Price : £ 195.00
Andrew BurrowsList Price : £ 27.00
Christian PilkingtonList Price : £ 217.00
Piers FelthamList Price : £ 215.00
Richard StoneList Price : £ 35.00
Lucinda MillerList Price : £ 60.00
Lord Justice LewisonList Price : £ 275.00
J. C. PhillipsList Price : £ 250.00
Michael McParlandList Price : US$ 430.00
Eckart BroedermannList Price : € 168.00
Marc HammersonList Price : £ 145.00
B-116, Sector 67,
Gautam Budh Nagar
Noida - 201301 Uttar Pradesh,
B-116, Sector 67,
Mobile: +91-9810773221 / 23